Brisel Consult Ltd is the company behind “Hairstee” which are a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. You are being provided with a copy of this privacy notice because your details have been obtained either directly from your submission through you registering on our website or apps, through a referrer such as a job board or social media site. It makes you aware of how and why your personal data will be used, namely for the purposes of the customer services, appointment booking and payment processes, and how long it will usually be retained for. It provides you with certain information that must be provided under the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (GDPR).
|Hairstee, or us||Hairstee, a trademark registered under Brisel Consult Ltd|
|User or you||any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Hairstee and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Hairstee and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and|
|Website||the website that you are currently using, www.hairstee.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.|
a. The singular includes the plural and vice versa;
c. A reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d. “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
e. Reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
b. Date of Birth;
d. Job Title;
f. Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
g. Demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
h. Financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
i. IP address (automatically collected);
j. Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
k. Operating system (automatically collected);
l. A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
How is your personal information collected?
We may collect personal information about candidates from the following sources:
(b) A referral, such a colleague, client, friend or family member
(c) From third parties who are, for example, a publicly accessible source such as job boards or who have provided your information as a referrer of professionals and service providers.
5. For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Hairstee is the “data controller”.
6. We will retain any Data you submit for 12 months.
7. Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This does not include our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
8. All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
a. internal record keeping;
b. improvement of our products / services;
c. transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
10. Hairstee may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
How we use particularly sensitive personal information
“Special categories” of particularly sensitive personal information require higher levels of protection. We have put in place appropriate safeguards which we are required by law to maintain when processing such data however we need to have further justification for collecting, storing and using this type of personal information. With this in mind we may process special categories of personal information in the following circumstances:
(a) In limited circumstances, with your explicit written consent.
(b) Where we need to carry out our legal obligations or exercise rights in connection with employment laws.
(c) Where it is needed in the public interest.
Less commonly, we may process this type of information where it is needed in relation to legal claims or where it is needed to protect your interests (or someone else’s interests) and you are not capable of giving your consent, or where you have already made the information public. We may also process such information about businesses or individuals in the course of legitimate business activities with the appropriate safeguards.
Information about criminal convictions
We may only use information relating to criminal convictions where the law allows us to so. This will usually be where such processing is necessary to carry out our obligations. We do not envisage that we will hold information about criminal convictions.
14. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
15. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
16. Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
17. use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
18. sharing Data with third parties.
Do we need your consent?
We do not need your consent if we use special categories of your personal information in accordance with our written policy to carry out our legal obligations or exercise specific rights in law. In limited circumstances, we may approach you for your written consent to allow us to process certain particularly sensitive data. If we do so, we will provide you with full details of the information that we would like and the reason we need it, so that you can carefully consider whether you wish to consent. You should be aware that it is not a condition of your contract with us that you agree to any request for consent from us.
Information about criminal convictions
We may only use information relating to criminal convictions where the law allows us to do so. This will usually be where such processing is necessary to carry out our obligations. We do not envisage that we will hold information about criminal convictions.
19. To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
20. You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by Hairstee (where such Data is held) on payment of a small fee, which will not exceed £0.
21. Data security is of great importance to Hairstee and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
22. If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
23. We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
26. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
27. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact Hairstee by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data protection officer
We have appointed a data protection officer (DPO) Yemi Busari to oversee compliance with this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact our DPO by emailing Yemi Busari at email@example.com. You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues.
29. These terms and conditions were created using a document from Rocket Lawyer (https://www.rocketlawyer.co.uk).